[Digikam-users] Re: Pentax-k5 RAW photo problem

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Sun Feb 13 20:51:14 GMT 2011

2011/2/13 Pentti Rautio <pentti.j.rautio at googlemail.com>:
> 2011/2/13 Gilles Caulier <caulier.gilles at gmail.com>:
>> Hi.
>>
>> Which digiKam version ? which libraw/libkdcraw ? Go to Help components
>> info for details.
>
> digiKam Version 1.8.0
> Using KDE Development Platform 4.5.1 (KDE 4.5.1)
> KDcraw 1.1.0
> LibRaw 0.10.0-Beta1

This is definitively the problem. libraw is too old. The last stable
version is 0.13. Libraw is include in libkdcraw from KDEGraphics
component.

I'm sure that K5 is supported very well. I have some PEF test files on
my computer

Update libkdcraw to a more recent version, and all will be fine. Of
course digiKam need to be updated too.

Note : as libkdcraw is installed with KDE, updated KDE to KDE 4.5.5
must be the solution

Best