[Digikam-users] why arn't thumbnails moved when files are moved?

Daniel Bauer linux at daniel-bauer.com
Tue Feb 8 21:40:10 GMT 2011

Hi,

something I don't understand... I have let run digikam for many many hours to
create all thumbnails new after I changed from SQlite to MySql. All thumbnails
have been created (I checked in the database).

Today I move a lot of folders (WITHIN digikam, which was complicated because
of the strange behaviour of trees in digikam). I did that because I didn't
want to loose all those thumbs when moving outside...

Now I added 54 *.JPG to an album with similar *.jpg (same filename, but
different ending) using digikam import feature. The result was that I still
only had 54 images in the digikam album (dolphin showed correct 108). Some
were jpg, others JPG, some JPG had the thumbs of the jpg and vice versa, wild
mix.

I tried F5, nothing happened.
I closed digkam, started again, nothing changed.

So, I thought, ok, lets search for new thumbs to create, should go fast,
because its only 54 jpgs... But hey: now it is creating all the thumbs for the
folders I recently moved...

I don't understand..., is the database not updated when I move a folder within
digikam?

Please claryfy... thanks

Daniel
erotic nudes: http://www.guapamania.com