[Digikam-users] Digikam Metadata Templates, Custom XMP

John Bestevaar Josephus at people.net.au
Sun Feb 6 09:00:10 GMT 2011

Dear Sirs
How to create, edit and write to the 'Custom ' XMP  fields in  Digikam XMP?

"The standard is designed to be extensible, allowing users to add their
own custom types of metadata into the XMP data." Quote From DAM page,
Digikam Handbook.

When i go to "image" > "metadata" > " Edit XMP "
i Find a dialogue box named" Edit XMP Metadata - Digikam"
This has menu items:
Content,Origin,Credits,Subjects,Keywords,Categories,Status,Properties.
None of these allow me to create custom XMP fields and write XMP values.

Also ,possible error in:
Settings > Configure Digikam > Templates.
I find a dialogue box named "Metadata Templates"
This has 4 tabs ,Rights,Location,Contact,Subjects
Only the "Rights" tab dialogue box will accept and RETAIN my text input.
Also there is no tab for "Custom XMP fields"

I can make more money donations if that would help with my problems.
Regards John Bestevaar

Digikam 1.2.0 All Kipi plugins activated.
Ubuntu 10.04.2, Gnome 2.30.2