[Digikam-users] How to do a simple import from a camera?

Chris G cl at isbd.net
Tue Feb 1 14:09:05 GMT 2011

I'm trying to Import from my Fuji S8000FD camera into Digikam 1.2
(Ubuntu 10.04) and it doesn't seem to be working too well.

Digikam recognises the camera OK and sets everything up, however when I
Import then click Capture in the Device menu I just get a single 'image'
with a question-mark in it.  In addition Digikam claims I need 127
Terabytes of album space although it says the camera has used only 17%
of its 970Mb.  (If I close and then re-open the Import the album space
requirements revert to sanity)

I'm also a little confused by the camera appearing as both "Fuji Digital
Camera (auto-detected)" and as "USB PTP Class Camera" in the Import menu
under cameras.

--
Chris Green