[Digikam-users] tags/keywords between Adobe Lightroom and Digikam

Andrew Goodbody ajg02 at elfringham.co.uk
Sat Dec 31 10:50:39 GMT 2011

Hi Jim,

First off, AFAICT the conversion to DNG from CR2 provides no benefit at
all. The support for CR2 is available to work on them directly. The
conversion to DNG uses that same code, so the conversion is just an
extra step in the process. Add to that the issues over interpreting
manufacturer specific metadata and it seems best to me to just use CR2
files.

Secondly, what version of digikam are you using? If it is pre-2.x then
there is no .xmp sidecar support. Tags for CR2 files will only appear in
the digikam database which will be invisible to PS/LR. Tags written by
PS/LR to .xmp files will be invisible to digikam. If you are using then
2.x then you may need to switch on .xmp support, but I am not sure how
useable that is yet. Maybe others can comment on that.

Andrew