[Digikam-users] Images disappeared.

Tim Jenness tim.jenness at gmail.com
Mon Dec 26 17:38:57 GMT 2011

On Mon, Dec 26, 2011 at 7:25 AM, David Vincent-Jones
<davidvj at frontier.com> wrote:
> My entire collection appears to have disappeared.
>
> Tried to remove the total collection and reinstall and now get this
> message:
> Could not start process Unable to create io-slave:
> klauncher said: Unknown protocol 'file'.
>
> Any ideas out there. dK 2.4.1   KDE 4.7.3

When this has happened to me in the past it has been caused by KDE
support processes dying. Running kdeinit4 and running up digikam again
has fixed it. My symptoms are that all the tag metadata is intact but
there are no images in the main view.

--
Tim Jenness