[Digikam-users] Digikam memory usage

Claude Gélinas claude at phyto.qc.ca
Tue Dec 6 00:33:01 GMT 2011

I have the same type of problem. As soon as I start digikam my system become
very slow  and as soon as I close Digikam my system return to normal speed.

I'm on Fedora 14, AMD Phenom(tm) 9850 Quad-Core Processor, 8 gig ram, nEVGA
Geforce 9800GT

I should have enough power but the graphic is slow to refresh. everything is
slow to show up on the screen.

what can I do to find out what is the problem. I'm typing faster with only two
finger then what the computer can write on the screen. I have the time to write
a complete sentence and then watch it appearing on the screen one letter at a
time...

--
Claude Gélinas agr.
Phyto Ressources inc.