[Digikam-users] Not completely but a bit off topic question: looking for texteditor with macro capabillity

Johnny yggdrasil at gmx.co.uk
Mon Aug 29 20:04:59 BST 2011

sleepless <sleeplessregulus at hetnet.nl> writes:

> I have been looking around but could not all by myself really find
> what fits my needs. For example: fora where questions have 678 views
> and zero answers, or fora only suited for people who have been digging
> in to Linux for years.

You can try some of the emacs mailing lists, or in general browse emacs
wiki to get started (but don't forget to follow the built-in tutorial
first 'C-h t' and try learn using the built-in info-system asap 'C-h i
h' before looking too much further, where 'C-h' is press control and h)

For bash, you could start with Machtelt Garrels excellent introduction:
http://tldp.org/LDP/Bash-Beginners-Guide/html/
(pdf: http://tldp.org/LDP/Bash-Beginners-Guide/Bash-Beginners-Guide.pdf)

--
Johnny