[Digikam-users] Digikam with Linux

Photonoxx photonoxx at free.fr
Sun Aug 28 11:01:14 BST 2011

11.10 is still in testing phase, so don't expect to have software update
instantly here.

It happens that very old version was still present in aplha.3 or beta.1,
and they are only updated few weeks before the final release (for example
I already notice this for fglrx package).

If you use a testing distrib, you have to assume it's not finalized... ;>)

Le Sun, 28 Aug 2011 10:08:30 +0200, Mark Fraser <mfraz74+kde at gmail.com> a
écrit:

> On Saturday 27 Aug 2011 21:23:00 sleepless wrote:
>> Hi David,
>>
>> What do you mean exactly?
>>
>> Everytime when digikam releases an updated version, in less then no time
>> Philip Johnsson has it is his PPA.
>> The newly released doc descibes it and guides you to there.
>
> Unfortunately there are no builds for 11.10 yet and it doesn't look
> likely at
> the moment that the official repos will have anything newer than 1.9.
>
>> No one has to strewn with 'makes' and 'configures', but for some reason
>> it
>> is exitement for some people, as others prefer to bungy jump.
>
> Now that I have successfully built digiKam, would someone like to give
> me some
> help in uploading it to my own PPA space?

Nicolas Boulesteix
Photographe chasseur de lueurs
http://www.photonoxx.fr