[Digikam-users] digikam not opening in Mint

Andreas T. Ege andreas at spheniscid.net
Sat Aug 20 22:18:42 BST 2011

Hi there,

Am 20 Aug 2011 um 18:37 schrieb Paul Verizzo <paulv at paulv.net>:
(...)
> 1.  Mint IS Ubuntu which IS Debian which all use the Debian package  system.  Apparently some are not aware of the heritage and app loading methods.
???

> 3.  I'm not going to do things in console for the same reason.
Yeah, guess it's awfully difficult to open a bash and type in 'digikam'. Or 'digi' followed by tab key to autocomplete.
Besides, not using a console with linux is severely limiting yourself and the power of the OS.

> might just reclaim the space for NTFS and continue with Windows digiKam.
And as we all know, windows never ever shows problems running programs. And if it does, the solution to the problem shows with a neat, self-explanatory message. :-))
Good luck.

--
Andreas Ege

Mail: andreas at spheniscid.net