[Digikam-users] digiKam does not open in Mint

Philip Johnsson philip.johnsson at gmail.com
Sat Aug 20 16:34:29 BST 2011

Could be many things that have happened from bad packages to wrong
installation or something else.

If it's the packages of Digikam that come with Mint then you might ask
them if it's a know program.

To start your own investigation about your problem then start with
opening Digikam from your favorite console/terminal. Do so by starting
your console/terminal and then just type digikam and hit enter. That
should start digikam and give you some messages in the console about
what is happening or going wrong. If you are new to this the text
might be hard to understand but that will be important clues on how to
find the problem.

On your off topic question. I use Kontact for KDE that is much like
Outlook. You can checkout what it looks like here:
http://www.kde.org/applications/office/

Happy digikaming!

Philip