[Digikam-users] Tooltips issue

Chris G cl at isbd.net
Mon Aug 8 18:27:23 BST 2011

On Mon, Aug 08, 2011 at 01:59:38PM -0300, Erick Moreno wrote:
>    Hi Leo,
>
>    Are you using Digikam under gnome environment? I'm experiencing the same
>    issue with all KDE applications running under my gnome environment (Ubuntu
>    11.04 running Unity).
>
>    All tips that I found on internet use kcontrol to solve this issue, but I
>    can't find this software in any current repository. So, I'm still looking
>    for a way to change the KDE settings under gnome and solve this issue.

Coming from a different place (trying to get single click to work in
Gnome) I know the answer to this. The kcontrol applet no longer exists
in KDE4, it has been replaced by systemsettings (yes, it's really called
that, with no K in it).  Install systemsettings and you should have what
you need.

--
Chris Green