[Digikam-users] Digikam 2.0.0 : bookmarks for geotagging

Michael G. Hansen mike at mghansen.de
Wed Aug 3 07:14:49 BST 2011

Hi Vincent,

On 08/03/2011 12:39 AM, Vincent Barberet wrote:
> Dear users,
>
> In previous digikam version, (1.x), geotagging included "bookmark" feature.
> By adding bookmarks to favorites places (home, work, family places), it was
> very easy/fast to geotag most of my photos.
>
> Geotagging in digikam 2.0.0 includes great improvements in the ui, but I
> can't find anymore the bookmarks features
>
> =>  Does it still exist ?
> ==>  If yes, where ?
> ==>  If no, it could be good to have it like it was on 1.x versions. Another
> way to do it would be the ability to associate a place (coordinate) to a
> tag, so that photos with this tag are automatically geotagged

The bookmark feature is now available by right-clicking on an image in
the list under the map, you will get a bookmark menu to either assign
bookmarked coordinates or to set new bookmarks. Under the map, there is
also a button to show your bookmarks on the map.

As for your idea about associating coordinates with tags, this has not
been worked on so far.

Michael