[Digikam-users] Self compiled but no pictures

Wed Sep 22 08:47:15 BST 2010

At the moment I can't even add a directory to the collection of digikam.
I deleted all libs not from the package-system of my distribution (I
search for all files kipi*, digikam*, exiv2*, libkdcraw*, libkexiv2* and
looked it up with dpkg -S path/filename).
Then I reinstalled all programs but it's still not possible to start
digikam.

Next I edited env_svn.sh to show to /usr and to set the configdir to
~/.kde so that the path is right as Gilles told me but this still
doesn't help.
I still have no kipi-plugins and and the following error:

digikam(2985)/kdecore (trader) KServiceTypeTrader::defaultOffers:
KServiceTypeTrader: serviceType  "KIPI/Plugin"  not found
digikam(2985)/kdecore (trader) KServiceTypeTrader::defaultOffers:
KServiceTypeTrader: serviceType  "Digikam/ImagePlugin"  not found

I'm using digikam for years now but had to compile it by myself because
of the exiv0.19 bug for nikon pictures :(
Now nothing works which is devastating for me since my whole workflow
depends on it.
Of course I can reinstall my whole system but I'd like to learn more
about Digikam for future problems since this is not the first time
something like this happened.

Hopefully someone can help.

Frank

The following error is from the database system when I try to add a
collection:

digikam(2985)/kio (KDirListerCache) KDirListerCache::updateDirectory:
KUrl("file:///home/freanki/pics/rundum")
digikam(2985)/digikam (core) Digikam::AlbumManager::startScan: KDirWatch
method =  "INotify"
digikam(2985)/digikam (core) Digikam::DatabaseCoreBackend::prepareQuery:
Prepare failed!
digikam(2985)/digikam (core)
Digikam::DatabaseCoreBackendPrivate::debugOutputFailedQuery: Failure
executing query:
 "SELECT A.albumRoot, A.id, A.relativePath, A.date, A.caption,
A.collection, B.albumRoot, B.relativePath, I.name
 FROM Albums AS A
   LEFT JOIN Images AS I ON A.icon=I.id
  LEFT JOIN Albums AS B ON B.id=I.album
 WHERE A.albumRoot != 0;"
Error messages: "no such table: Albums Unable to execute statement" 1 2
"no such table: Albums" "Unable to execute statement" QSqlError(-1, "", "")
Bound values:  ()

--
Frank Hommes, Bummelberg 37, 44149 Dortmund, Germany
Email: email at freanki.net, ICQ: 14621277