[Digikam-users] Self compiled but no pictures

Tue Sep 21 11:42:16 BST 2010

On 09/21/2010 12:08 PM, Gilles Caulier wrote:
>> At the moment I'm trying to get the distribution package working again.
>>
>> I enabled debug-information for digikam. There are no interesting
>> information in .xsession-errors but I started digikam from command line
>> and it gives me quite a lot of those errors:
>>
>> digikam(5576)/kio (Scheduler) KIO::SchedulerPrivate::jobFinished:
>> KIO::SpecialJob(0x61aedf0) QObject(0x0)
>> digikam(5576)/digikam (core) Digikam::AlbumManager::slotDatesJobResult:
>> Failed to list dates
>> digikam(5576)/kio (Scheduler) KIO::SchedulerPrivate::doJob:
>> KIO::SimpleJob(0x44dff30)
>> digikam(5576)/kio (Slave) KIO::Slave::createSlave: createSlave
>> "digikamalbums" for
>> KUrl("digikamalbums:/neu/?albumRoot=%2Fhome%2Ffreanki%2Fpics%2FFotobuch%20Polen&albumRootId=1&databaseType=QSQLITE&databaseName=%2Fhome%2Ffreanki%2Fpics%2Fdigikam4.db")
>> digikam(5576)/kio (KIOConnection)
>> KIO::ConnectionServer::listenForRemote: Listening on
>> "local:/tmp/ksocket-freanki/digikamaQ5576.slave-socket"
>> digikam(5576): couldn't create slave: "Unable to create io-slave:
>> klauncher said: Unknown protocol 'digikamalbums'
>>

>> In addition there are no kipi-plugins within Digikam. There was a time I
>> got them working again but right now they don't.
>
> And kipi-plugins are installed ?
>
> If yes, it's a good indicator. Sound like your KDE4_DIR env variable
> is not set on your system
kipi-plugins are installed by the package system, I checked it.
I set some variables:
KDE4DIR=/usr
KDE4_DIR=/usr
KDEDIR=/usr
KDE_DIR=/usr
since none of those had been set but it's still not working.

More strange things:
"digikam --help"
gives me some errors too:
-------------
  --download-from <path>    Open camera dialog at <path>
digikam(6709)/kdecore (KLocale) KuitSemanticsPrivate::parseOpenEl: "Tag
'udi' is neither semantic nor HTML in message {<kuil>Open camera dialog
for the device with Solid UDI <udi></kuil>}."
digikam(6709)/kdecore (KLocale)
KuitSemanticsPrivate::semanticToVisualText: "Markup error in message
Opening and ending tag mismatch.. Last tag parsed: udi"
  --download-from-udi <udi> Open camera dialog for the device with Solid
UDI <udi>
  --detect-camera           Automatically detect and open a connected
gphoto2 camera
digikam(6709)/kdecore (KLocale) KuitSemanticsPrivate::parseOpenEl: "Tag
'dir' is neither semantic nor HTML in message {<kuil>Start digikam with
the SQLite database file found in the directory <dir></...}."
digikam(6709)/kdecore (KLocale)
KuitSemanticsPrivate::semanticToVisualText: "Markup error in message
{<kuil>Start digikam with the SQLite database file found in the
directory <dir></...}: Opening and ending tag mismatch.. Last tag
parsed: dir"
  --database-directory <dir> Start digikam with the SQLite database file
found in the directory <dir>

And when I start Digikam then there is some html text within the bash
output always beginning with:
"QString::arg: Argument missing:"

I'm puzzled :(

Frank

--
Frank Hommes, Bummelberg 37, 44149 Dortmund, Germany
Email: email at freanki.net, ICQ: 14621277