[Digikam-users] Sort albums by date - when did it appear?

Chris G cl at isbd.net
Mon Sep 6 14:03:55 BST 2010

On Mon, Sep 06, 2010 at 02:08:54PM +0200, Remco Viëtor wrote:
> on Monday 06 September 2010, Chris G wrote:
> >
> > I see in the on-line documentation for Digikam that there is an option
> > for sorting albums by their date property:-
> >
> >     The Album Date : this will be used when you order your Albums by
> >     date using View->Sort Albums->By Date.
> >
> > I'm running Digikam 1.2 and it doesn't have this option, can someone
> > tell me what version I need to build to get this option as it would be
> > really, really useful for me.
> >
> > --
> > Chris Green
> >

> First of all, the available documentation seems out of date, so not really
> reliable on all points...
>
> As for versions, I'm running 1.4.0, and there is no option to sort albums in
> the view menu (?), so this might have disappeared before 1.2.

Yes, I think it did, a search on Google suggests it disappeared a
while ago.  I want it back!  :-)

> However, I have timeline and calendar tabs on the left panel, which allow
> selection by date. µYou can then have corresponding pictures as a flat list,
> grouped by album or gouped by type (that might also be where sorting by path
> comes in, this would keep pictures in the same album together even in flat
> view

That doesn't really help much, my ideal would be to be able to have
albums named for what they contain (e.g. "Summer Holiday, Greece",
"Fireworks day at home") but with them being in date order.  The
Timeline and Calendar tabs don't show the album names.

--
Chris Green