[Digikam-users] Sort albums by date - when did it appear?

Remco Viëtor remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr
Mon Sep 6 13:08:54 BST 2010

on Monday 06 September 2010, Chris G wrote:

> I see in the on-line documentation for Digikam that there is an option
> for sorting albums by their date property:-
>
>     The Album Date : this will be used when you order your Albums by
>     date using View->Sort Albums->By Date.
>
> I'm running Digikam 1.2 and it doesn't have this option, can someone
> tell me what version I need to build to get this option as it would be
> really, really useful for me.
>
> --
> Chris Green

First of all, the available documentation seems out of date, so not really
reliable on all points...

As for versions, I'm running 1.4.0, and there is no option to sort albums in
the view menu (?), so this might have disappeared before 1.2.

However, I have timeline and calendar tabs on the left panel, which allow
selection by date. µYou can then have corresponding pictures as a flat list,
grouped by album or gouped by type (that might also be where sorting by path
comes in, this would keep pictures in the same album together even in flat
view

Remco