[Digikam-users] How to disable rating just by clicking stars?

jag59 jldeshpande at gmail.com
Sat Sep 4 12:57:03 BST 2010

jag59 wrote:

> I am always afraid  that somebody else or even me may unintentionally
> change the rating of images just by clicking the thumbnail at the location
> of stars. It is very dangerous for me because I rate 1 star for the images
> to be deleted and later,after reassessing,delete them.Meanwhile if 4 star
> image/s gets rating 1 star,then....???
> I prefer rating with 'Ctrl+Alt+Click' or something like that and with a
> right click menu.But,it seems, there is no facility of assigning keyboard
> shortcuts.
> I would very much like this program to be outstanding and foolproof.
> Regards.

At least moving their position to the top of the thumbnail will avoid
clicking over it by mistake while Ctrl+Clicking multiple images.At present
they are almost at center of thumbnail (if showing file
name,size,dimensions,tags,captions etc are ticked in the album view) and one
clicks generally at the center.

-----
Jagdeesh Deshpande.
Registered Linux user #492893