[Digikam-users] Re: Save metadata to files not working

Ben Staude sben1783 at yahoo.de
Thu Oct 28 20:36:56 BST 2010

Am Montag 25 Oktober 2010 schrieb Martin (KDE):

[...]

> It is a feature. You can enable timestamp update in the configuration
> dialogue (metadata) and there in the first tab (Verhalten in german).

Thanks for the hint - I found the option and, while thinking about whether I
really want the timestamp updated, finally decided that it might be best to
not save metadata to the image files at all:)
That's the way my old tool did it and I am fine with it (as long as the sqlite
file is backed up...). Or is it "best practice" to save it into the image
files?

> > Still confused by the warning/error message, I found out that once
> > I edit/modify and save one image in the album (F4), digiKam
> > somehow does/gets a filesystem update and doesn't print the
> > warning/error message any more, even when metadata of another
> > image in the album is changed!?

The warning/error message is still present. Although I do not observe any real
problem with it, I'm still a bit concerned about it. Any suggestions, or has
this maybe been fixed since digiKam 1.2.0? This is the message again:
Digikam::CollectionScanner::scanAlbum: Folder does not exist or is not
readable:  "/foo/bar.jpg". Note it's complaining about the *folder*, but
printing the path to a single *file*.

Thanks
Ben