[Digikam-users] Image Titles

Marie marielynn at gmail.com
Sun Oct 24 09:34:53 BST 2010

Hi,

I was wondering if there was a way to add titles to images that Flickr
recognizes.

I back on my Mac, I used to use a program called Graphic Converter. When
I added a headline into the IPTC metadata, Flickr recognized this as the
image title.

I have edited the IPTC headline in digiKam but it's not being read as a
title on Flickr. Now, I'm not sure if I'm missing something, if the
problem is on Flickrs end, or what but there seems to be no way for me
to title my images before upload. Yes, I can title them once they're in
Flickr but I would much rather have this information in the metadata.

Is it just me? If not, is this something that is planned to happen in
future releases? Am I even asking the right questions?

I'm using digiKam 1.4.0 on Ubuntu UNR 10.04 (which was a royal pain to
get working but that's just my inexperience talking).

Thanks so much,
Marie