[Digikam-users] After applying "local contrast" operation image gained reddish tinge

wojtek.golf at interia.pl wojtek.golf at interia.pl
Sat Oct 16 18:49:05 BST 2010

Hi,

I've edited few JPEG images from my camera using almost identical sequence of operations:

- crop
- denoise (chroma)
- local contrast
- sharpening (refocus)

all done in digikam 1.1.0. At first all seemed ok, but later when I looked at the resulting images I could easily notice reddish tinge in them. You can see an example here: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:2010_Women%27s_British_Open_%E2%80%93_Cristie_Kerr_%2816%29.jpg - just compare sky hue in latest uploaded version and the original one.

Is that an expected side-effect of local contrast or a bug ? What would you suggest as a best corrective measure to bring the color balance to the same levels as in the original ?

Thanks in advance,

Wojtek