[Digikam-users] Save Metadata

Micha Neubauer Micha.Neubauer at yahoo.de
Sat Oct 16 12:15:28 BST 2010

Hello everybody,

I want to copy the meta-data from one picture to another (since I modified it in another
program which somehow preserved not all tags).

1. I can do it with the KIPI-Plug-in, but it actually needs 3 steps to copy all the meta-
data (EXIF, IPTC & XMP). Is there a possibility in copying all meta-data in one step? Same
refers to deleting meta-data; when you want to get rid of them you also have to delete
each meta-data format by itself.

2. I did it with the picture; all is fine. But then I "write meta-data to image" for some
strange reason the meta-data are erased again...
Anybody knows why and how I can solve this?

Thanks
micha
Digikam 1.4 under Kubuntu 10.10