[Digikam-users] Re: How to copy selected photos outside Digikam

Johnny yggdrasil at gmx.co.uk
Sat Nov 27 21:07:28 GMT 2010

Marie-Noëlle Augendre <mnaugendre at gmail.com> writes:

>    I'm looking for a simple way to copy a selection of photos in a
>    directory that is not managed by Digikam.
>    The batch tool won't do it.
>    Copy/paste doesn't work.
>    At the moment, I'm creating a sub-album in Digikam, and intend to move
>    it elsewhere once I've put in it all the photos I need.
>    Is there a simplest way to achieve that?
>    Thanks for sharing your ideas,
>    Marie-Noëlle
>    --

I have created a temporary tag (called e.g. "Selected"), and I tag all
photos I want to copy with that tag. When done, I filter on that tag
using "Tag filters", select all and choose "Export"->"Export to remote
computer" to export the selected photos (generally to usb). I guess you
could also delete the tagged photos if you want.

Cheers,

Johnny