[Digikam-users] Re: Tuning the interface settings

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Thu Nov 25 09:12:12 GMT 2010

2010/11/25 Marie-Noëlle Augendre <mnaugendre at gmail.com>:
> I'm currently trying to set up the interface in order to sort a great many
> photos as efficiently as possible.
> Ideally, I'm working in full screen mode, and rating the photos, sometimes
> switching to the lighttable, and back, when I want to compare several
> pictures.
>
> Is there a way to:
>  - display the rate of the picture I'm currently viewing in full screen
> mode?

Slideshow in 1.6.0 can do it (you can edit rate too)

Anyway you can change rate in thumbnails view. turn on right option in settings.

>  - toggle easily between main window and lighttable (Ctrl-L), and back?

ALT+TAB.

I work with dual screen at home. It's very powerfull, and not too
expensive in fact.

> When
> in full screen mode, there is no bottom bar, and I don't see any other way
> to go back to the main view than closing the lighttable window (Ctrl-W).

yes staus bar is hidden. To fix it a new option must be added. please
file bugzilla.

>  - in the main window, I choose to not display the toolbar and menu bar, in
> order to get maximum height; and I use Ctrl-Shift-F to toggle between
> full-screen and normal mode. However, each time I come back to the normal
> viewing, the system re-displays the toolbar! And I have to do Ctrl-M to
> re-display the menu, then re-configure the "not display" of the toolbar,
> then hide the menu again... Why doesn't it keep the previous settings?

It's due to a bug probably. I think there is already a file in bugzilla.