[Digikam-users] Re: How to read author and copyright metadata written by DigiKam

Yuri Galachyants yuragal at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 05:34:33 GMT 2010

Hi,

Thanks all for advices.

It seems my Digikam does not write all the metadata I need into image
header (or just I can't read it). What I look for is the metadata from
a Caption/Tags->Description tab. There is a number of fields
on Rights, Location, Contact, and Subjects. And none of these fields
are in the output of either exiv2 or exiftool, even after I'm doing
force Image->"Write Metadata to Image" in Digikam. If an export of
these metadata into images is implemented, I tend to suppose there is
either a sort of Digikam incompatibility with a version of exif
libraries or the problem with the metadata readers I'm using. Could
you provide me a clue which versions I need to get the
functionality desired?

A screenshot with the Digikam tab I'm talking about as well
as a dummy image where these data should be (but it's not there
according to my exiftool and exiv2 outputs) could be found here:

ftp://yuragal.dyndns.org/photos/tmp/Screenshot-digiKam.png
ftp://yuragal.dyndns.org/photos/tmp/IMG_2836.jpg

Here is my software spec:
$ uname -a
Linux yuragal-desktop 2.6.32-25-generic-pae #45-Ubuntu SMP Sat Oct 16
21:01:33 UTC 2010 i686 GNU/Linux

$ cat /etc/lsb-release
DISTRIB_ID=Ubuntu
DISTRIB_RELEASE=10.04
DISTRIB_CODENAME=lucid
DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Ubuntu 10.04.1 LTS"

$ digikam -v
Qt: 4.6.2
KDE Development Platform: 4.4.2 (KDE 4.4.2)
digiKam: 1.2.0

$exiftool -ver
7.89

$ exiv2 -V