[Digikam-users] Re: May be a libqt4-sql-sqlite missing in build-dep for building from svn

Photonoxx photonoxx at free.fr
Tue Nov 2 06:47:13 GMT 2010

Hi,

As my hardisk has crashed last week (with my home dir and my tagged
pictures (hopefully I had a backup of tagged pictures before august, and a
backup of imported picture after that made by Rapid Photo downloader)), so
I have to install a fresh new Ubuntu and digikam.

As the use of the Julien Narboux worked very well before the crash, I
decided to directly install the SVN version, but I encounter a matter at
first start evoking an impossibility to access database.

When launching in a terminal, this message repeat itself :

Error messages: "Driver not loaded Driver not loaded" -1 1 "Driver not
loaded" "Driver not loaded" QSqlError(-1, "Driver not loaded", "Driver not
loaded")

I look in synaptic which dependencies are needed by the repository's
Digikam, and I notice libqt4-sql-sqlite is needed, but not installed on my
system.

After I install it, Digikam launch and ask me the location for my pictures
(as the database matter avoids the validation of the initial location ?),
I choose and the scan start normally.

The only thing I see, it's the build-dep for digikam miss this librabry
(instead, mysql is installed by build-dep but not used by default).

So it's may be a thing to changes.

And a grateful thanks for Digikam !

Nicolas

Le Mon, 18 Oct 2010 13:42:49 +0200, Julien Narboux <jnarboux at narboux.fr> a
écrit:

> Hi,
>

> Installing Digikam svn is not that hard.
>
> To install the svn version of Digikam (future 1.6) under Ubuntu 10.4 you
> can do the following:
>
> -1- first uninstall digikam:
>
>   sudo apt-get remove digikam digikam-doc digikam-dbg kipi-plugins
> showfoto libkdcraw8
>
> -2- then install the dependencies needed to build DigiKam:
>
>   sudo apt-get build-dep digikam
>   sudo apt-get build-dep kipi-plugins
>
> -3- then execute the attached script:
>
> chmod u+x install-digikam-svn.sh
> ./install-digikam-svn
>
> I hope this helps,
>
> Julien
>
> Le 18/10/2010 12:52, Marie-Noëlle Augendre a écrit :
>> I did try Digikam 1.4.0 some weeks ago, and it didn't work properly
>> (problems with Ubuntu / KDE?) ; so I got back to the 1.2.0 version.
>>
>> Marie-Noëlle
>>
>> 2010/10/18 Photonoxx <photonoxx at free.fr <mailto:photonoxx at free.fr>>
>>
>>     https://launchpad.net/~philip5/+archive/kde45
>>     <https://launchpad.net/%7Ephilip5/+archive/kde45>
>>
>>     But I can't test it under Lucid (but I will do with maverick even
>> if I
>>     have Maverick and that the PPA repository are clearly not designed
>>     for it.
>>
>> --
>> Une galerie photos, un blog ... pourquoi pas ? Webmaster en herbe
>> <http://www.webmaster-en-herbe.net/>
>>
>> Parcourez les Cévennes à ma façon : Cévennes Plurielles
>> <http://www.cevennes-plurielles.com>
>>
>> Et toutes mes autres publications à partir de ma page d'accueil
>> générale <http://www.marie-noelle-augendre.com>

Utilisant le client e-mail révolutionnaire d'Opera :
http://www.opera.com/mail/