[Digikam-users] OS X?

Julien Narboux jnarboux at narboux.fr
Mon May 31 06:48:45 BST 2010

Le 31/05/2010 00:40, Chris Duffy a écrit :
> My desktop is ubuntu 10.04- but my laptop is actually my work machine,
> and I need OS X for work. I agree with everyone on the free software
> route, but in this case I have no choice on the underlying os. I'd
> really like digiKam on the lappy so I can work on my photos from it-
> I'll probably keep the actual files and DB on the ubuntu box.
>
> Thanks for the pointers so far. I should be able to put some time into
> a build this coming week. I hope to build a package for other mac
> users (such as my wife, who runs a photo business with Aperture).

Having a standalone Digikam package for MacOSx would be very nice.
Note that Digikam depends on KDE and in particular on KIO, I think this
requires to start some process in addition to Digikam,
hence the package may be hard to build.
I once tried the option to build a .dmg but it only builds a .dmg which
installs the files at the same place as macports and it does not install
the dependencies.
It would be nice to have a standalone .dmg which install Digikam, kipi
plugins and all the dependencies on a particular place with no conflict
with neither fink nor macports packages. I guess this .dmg would be huge
but I think it is the only solution if we want to have non geek macosx
users.

Julien