[Digikam-users] Editing Raw Files

Rei Shinozuka shino at panix.com
Wed May 26 05:06:06 BST 2010

ok i see what's happening. in your case, you just hit "IMPORT" and then
you are editing the picture.  prior to that, you were preparing the RAW
file to get into the editor, you weren't actually editing the picture,
which is why you couldn't save it.

I never go through the Raw Import screen.  You can set the image editor
to automatically load in the raw file.

[Settings] -> [Configure Digikam...] then under [Image Editor] I UNCHECK
the box "User Raw Import Tool to handle Raw images."

The raw options you would have set in "Raw Import Tool" you can set once in:

[Settings] -> [Configure Digikam...] under [RAW Decoding] they are the
same options.

Once its in the editor, I usually use [Color] -> [Curves Adjust...] to
adjust brightness and contrast, [Color] -> [Autocorrection].  When you
select these options, you are in an editing mode and the right side of
the screen allows you to [OK] or [Cancel] your changes.  After you [OK]
your changes, you can save the file as JPG.

-rei

you're in a mode where ou  can