[Digikam-users] Sort order of images with same timestamp

Stedtlund falolaf at gmail.com
Sun May 23 18:06:48 BST 2010

Hi,

I allways view my images in albums sorted by timestamp. Yesterday I
took quite a lot of images during a foball game. Some of the images
are in series, and they have the same timestamp. Now in Digikam the
sorting of these images with same timestamp is chaotic, one can say. I
have never thought of this before, but it was obvoius now when a
sequence of running people are out of order.

I could choose to view the images sorted by name in this case, but
sometimes I have images from different cameras in the same album.
Hence the images might have different namimg conventions, and the
images are not in timely order which I like to have.

Is it possible to sort by timestamp and then by image name, if same
timestamp? Might be a feature request?

Using Digikam 1.2.0 with KDE 4.3.5, in openSUSE 11.2.

/Anders