[Digikam-users] Importing from Canon 50D

gerlos gerlosgm at gmail.com
Wed May 19 00:08:09 BST 2010

On lunedì 17 maggio 2010 17:58:43, davidvj wrote:

> Ver. 1.2.0 Ubuntu 10.04
>
> My camera is autodetected by DK but I get a message "Failed to connect to
> the camera".
>
> I an doing a simple USB connection and the camera appears to be viewed
> correctly by F-Spot which is how I must now make my downloads

Can you see the camera memory as an external disk in your file manager? (I suppose you're using Dolphin in KDE or Nautilus in Gnome)

If you can't, maybe you should switch your camera connection mode from "PTP" to "USB Mass Storage". Usually it makes easier to connect to the camera. I'm sorry, I can't help you with this setting, but you should find hot to do it in your camera manual.

regards
gerlos

--
"Life is pretty simple: You do some stuff. Most fails. Some works. You do more
of what works. If it works big, others quickly copy it. Then you do something