[Digikam-users] digiKam in openSUSE 11.1 and newest KDE 4.4.1

MichaƂ Smoczyk admin at nocnyrzepin.net
Mon Mar 29 11:47:07 BST 2010

On 29.03.2010 12:26, Sven Burmeister wrote:

>> Now I've got installed from packages:
>> digiKam		1.0.0-37.1
>
> More recent stable versions are available, so the crashes might be solved in
> those.

Yes, might be, but are you sure? I was asking to be sure. Which
version of packages and from which repository do you use?

>> Kipi-plugins	1.0.0-48.1
>> KDE		4.3.90 (KDE 4.4 RC1) release 212
>
> Why would you use RC1 packages, if KDE 4.4.1 packages are available?

Those were the most up-to-date available versions when I've updated
my KDE the last time. And I did not wanted to update later, because
digiKam were running quite smooth for me.

>> And I don't want to experiment and update packages to get broken
>> installation, I /need/ digiKam which works. So, if someone could
>> tell, which version of packages it is safely to install to get
>> working updated installation and from which repository (Trunk of Core).
>
> Installing RC1 is calling for trouble so if you do not want to get a broken
> installation, why did you update to unstable packages in the first place?

Yes Sven, but that's exactly why I am looking for answer: are new
available packages for openSUSE /stable/? I've got previously a few
times installed openSUSE packages which were broken, for example
Marble was corrupted, exiv2 without possibility to write in some
files or even digiKam was crashed during startup.

However, I've had updated a while ago digiKam and KDE from KDE
Factory repo and everything seems to be fine at first look. It needs
some intensive testing now. Regards,

--
/\/\ichau, admin [malpka] nocnyrzepin [kropa] net
http://www.nocnyrzepin.net