[Digikam-users] digiKam in openSUSE 11.1 and newest KDE 4.4.1

Sven Burmeister sven.burmeister at gmx.net
Mon Mar 29 11:26:42 BST 2010

Am Samstag, 27. März 2010 12:27:54 schrieb Michał Smoczyk:
> I want to ask if someone of you is using digiKam with no problem
> (crashes etc.) with openSUSE 11.1 distro and newest KDE 4.4.1 desktop.
>
> Now I've got installed from packages:
> digiKam		1.0.0-37.1

More recent stable versions are available, so the crashes might be solved in
those.

> Kipi-plugins	1.0.0-48.1
> KDE		4.3.90 (KDE 4.4 RC1) release 212

Why would you use RC1 packages, if KDE 4.4.1 packages are available?

> Qt		4.6.0+4.6.20100105

Same as above.

> and I am experiencing sometimes crashes when working with Kipi
> plug-ins (geolocation, crop, sharpen), caused I suppose by Qt
> version. But other components (marble, exiv2) works smoothly and I
> can live with it.
>
> And I don't want to experiment and update packages to get broken
> installation, I /need/ digiKam which works. So, if someone could
> tell, which version of packages it is safely to install to get
> working updated installation and from which repository (Trunk of Core).

Installing RC1 is calling for trouble so if you do not want to get a broken
installation, why did you update to unstable packages in the first place?

Sven