[Digikam-users] Printing - Death by 1000 paper cuts...

davidvincentjones davidvj at verizon.net
Fri Mar 26 00:51:25 GMT 2010

My experience with HPLIP is that the HP 'Device Manager' settings must
exactly match the settings in DK otherwise there is a problem.
There appears to be a problem in DK in that the settings made for one print
are not retained for the next print ... not so good. This is particularly
apparent regarding print orientation.
A further HPLIP problem appears to lie when the 'tray' options in Device
Manager do not match the tray names for a particular printer. (for instance
on my printer the printer's Specialty Media Tray is not named as one of the
6 input tray options).

David