[Digikam-users] strange problem with deleting folders

Daniel Bauer linux at daniel-bauer.com
Thu Mar 25 22:51:57 GMT 2010

Hi,

with Version 1.0.0, KDE 4.3.5 (KDE 4.3.5) "release 3", openSuse 11.2, I have a
very strange problem when deleting folders within digikam:

it sees the folders twice!

- I want to delete a folder that contains several subfolders
- I right click on the album name, choose "delete"
- the message opens "do you really want to..." and shows me a huge list of
files: it shows all the folders at least 2x!

I just found out, because it showed me in a window that there were some 140
folders to delete, where actually there were much less (I dont remember this
number...).

Deleting always takes very, very, really very very very long. Now I don't
wonder anymore....

I uploaded two screen shots so you can better believe the unbelievable...
the album tree in digikam:
http://www.daniel-bauer.com/test/digikam_albums.jpg
the delete dialog:
http://www.daniel-bauer.com/test/digikam_delete.jpg
take note of the folders that are mentioned twice...
(I grayed out the names, have to...)

Where does this come from? What can I do?

Daniel
my new blog: http://www.guapamania.com/wordpress/