[Digikam-users] Move files on import (instead of copying them)

loerzi at gmx.net loerzi at gmx.net
Mon Mar 22 16:19:12 GMT 2010

Hello Yusuf,

I'm not sure if I understood you correctly, but I think you don't have to import all your images into digiKam. You just have to add one or more collections (can be done under the Configure digiKam popup).
DigiKam is directly working on your file system.

I stored all my pictures in an Event directory which has one subdirectory for each year and multiple subdirectories for the different events.
I've just added the year directories as separate collections and can see all the event subdirectories in digiKam.

Now if I create a new album in digiKam an new subdirectory in the year directory is created automatically.

Hope this helps.

Daniel

-------- Original-Nachricht --------