[Digikam-users] Move files on import (instead of copying them)

Yusuf yusufad at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 06:47:47 GMT 2010

Dear list,

I recently discovered digiKam and I'm pleasantly surprised with it's
capabilities.  So I'm trying to move my (quite large) collection to it, which
seems would take forever when I add the root directory to digiKam, if it didn't
keep on crashing.

I've resorted to importing little batches, which is better anyway because I can
quickly work in the pictures I need right now.  But I'd like to know if there's
a way to just move the files on import, since I've to delete them after digiKam
makes a copy anyway, and moving them directly would make importing considerably
faster.

Cheers.