[Digikam-users] tag structure

tim.jenness tim.jenness at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 18:45:55 BST 2010

On Jun 22, 2010, at 3:32 AM, Benedikt Rudolph wrote:

> Hello everybody!
>

> I am new to digiKam and I am currently developing a tagging system/structure that works for my needs. After some experiments with digiKam and a lot of online archive reading there are several open questions left. Let me explain this with an example:
>
> I live in Munich and there is a nice park in the city called English Garden. I've shot some pictures there and I've tagged them with "English Garden". For the tag structure I have /city/Munich/English Garden. Now let's assume that I'll visit London and I'll take some pictures in Hyde Park. I'll tag them with "Hyde Park" and I'll use the tag structure /city/London/Hyde Park. Ok, no problems so far.
>
> But now I'd like to have a tag "park" which is a super-tag of "English Garden" and "Hyde Park". Thus, I'd be in need of a tag structure like /park/English Garden and /park/Hyde Park. However, as far as I know I cannot assign both, /city/Munich and /park, as super-tags to English Garden.

For this particular example you should consider using geotagging to locate the actual place and then use the Parks/ hierarchy to allow you to look at all your park photos.

The main problem is that geotagging support in digikam is there but is not as polished as something like iPhoto or Picasa.

--
Tim Jenness