[Digikam-users] Timestamps - sorting of Videos within photos

Micha Neubauer Micha.Neubauer at yahoo.de
Sun Jun 13 19:42:54 BST 2010

Hello everybody!

I realized that my self-made Videos with my small digiKam are not sorted correctly within
my photos (I always have my images sorted by date).
The videos usually appear grouped together at the right date, but not at the right point
in the timeline. For example, I take a video, then a photo and then a video again; then
they are not shown in this order, but the to videos are put side by side.
The only way I can change this order and then put the video displayed at the right time is
changing the time stamp manually to the correct time under "Image --> adjust time&date".

Do you experience the same problem with Videos?

And a related question:
What exactly are these DigiKam-Timestamps?
When I change the timestamps, neither exif, xmp, creation date or any one of these is
changed. And where are the timestamps stored?
Videos do not even have exif or xmp files...

Thanks a lot for the help and advice

micha