[Digikam-users] downloading from Canon Powershot 710

N Fuller nfuller at netwood.net
Thu Jun 10 00:51:44 BST 2010

I was happily using a work around suggested by jdd to download images
from my Canon Powershot 710S to digiKam 1.0.0-beta 5 (running on Ubuntu
9.0) - that is, to unmount the camera from my computer first.  Suddenly,
without my making any changes, digiKam crashes every time I try to
download, although I can view the images.  I am leery about updating
digiKam without some expert help - not a techie at all.  Any other
suggestions or do I have to "bite the bullet" and do the upgrades?
Nancy