[Digikam-users] Loosing all Metadata when editing

Max Bedacht bedachtm at gmail.com
Sun Jul 25 19:11:39 BST 2010

I am loosing all metadata when I edit an image with the built-in editor or
Showfoto and do a save-as.

I have processed the images as follows:

Convert from .cr2 to .png using the Batch Raw Converter tool (after this the
metadata is still there);
Geotag (after this the metadata is still there);
Edit using F4 or Showfoto - I have done free-rotate and color adjust, and
just color adjust)
Save as .png with a new name.

After the save all the metadata is gone.
I get an error if I try to import the metadata from the original converted
.png

I have done the editing sequence using Photoshop Elements 4.0 Editor
(installed with WINE) and with this the metadata is preserved.

Has anybody run into this?

DigiKam 1.2.0
Showfoto 1.2.0
Ubuntu 10.4