[Digikam-users] (no subject)

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 15:38:36 BST 2010

2010/7/13 Elle Stone <l.elle.stone at gmail.com>:
> On 7/13/10, Gilles Caulier <caulier.gilles at gmail.com> wrote:
>> 2010/7/13 Elle Stone <l.elle.stone at gmail.com>:
>>> Gilles,
>
>> try to send me the JPEG file with XMP metadata patched by Imach,
>
> Gilles, I sent you a jpeg with tags saved to IPTC keywords field as
> dotted-notation. Do you mean try to write the tags to XMP rather than
> to IPTC? I don't know if I can actually do that - there is an IMatch
> script that uses exiftool to write to XMP, but I haven't gotten the
> script to work and there is a good chance it won't work as most of the
> scripts no longer work on my virtual machine.

I'm not sure to understand. You want mean that Imach do not manage
image metadata by default ? You need to use an extension script to do
it ?

About IPTC against IPTC : yes XMP will be better than IPTC. IPTC are
ascii limited and string are size limited. XMP support UTF8 and don't
have size limitation.

Gilles