[Digikam-users] Metadata interaction with digiKam

Mickey M.Mickey at gmx.de
Sat Jan 9 12:59:29 GMT 2010

Hi folks,

I really like digiKam and use it of course for my picture collection.
However, for editing I work on a different project, and use this. So I
would like to add to my editor the functionality of setting metadata
(rating, tags, copyright,...). But it would be nice to do it in the same
manner digiKam does it to be compatible. So that digiKam automatically
reads all the data from the file and the image has in digikam the same
tags and so on without any further work.

So my question is, in which data (exiv, itpc, xmp) does digikam store
and read which values. Is there a oveview over this, or could you give
me the most important settings?
However I managed to do it with the rating on Exiv.Image.Rating, but I
don't know, if this is the official position...

Thank you for your help and this nice program,

greets mike