[Digikam-users] How to best save images

jdd jdd at dodin.org
Sun Jan 24 11:12:43 GMT 2010

Le 24/01/2010 11:28, Andrew Goodbody a écrit :

> Converting from raw to anything you will lose data. Converting from raw
> includes various processes such as de-mosaicing and applying white balance.

> Storage is cheap, data is irreplaceable. However you must choose where
> your priorities are.

not so cheap and don't underestimate the time and work necessary to
scan all a collection, finding the various repositories...

For various reason (unrelevant here), I have to shoot many images. 500
for one evening is common. Most of these are unusefull and are very
soon deleted. On the rest most are for family fun and don't need any
real quality. Some only mat once have to be edited with max quality.

I don't have yet a real solution. When I had an OES 350D, I only used
jpeg fine. Now with my new EOS 50D,I can have raw+jpeg.

But it's an enormous amount of data. Simply copying it from the camera
to the computer takes ages

What I would like is a centralized file management: for example be
able to remove both raw and jpeg on one action (now I have to scan
file names).

however I have to say when I bough my 50D, digikam couldn't open the
raw files, this stopped me a lot and I have to rethink things

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net
http://valerie.dodin.org