[Digikam-users] digiKam for KDE on Windows "Failed to rename Album"

Peter Shute pshute at nuw.org.au
Sat Jan 23 05:32:41 GMT 2010

I'm trying to rename a directory in my collection, but it comes up with the error "Failed to rename Album".  It looks like this applies to any directory that has any directories under it.  Is that operation not allowed, for some reason?

If not, is there a way around this?  What happens if I rename it outside digiKam?

If there's a technical reason why it isn't allowed, I'd like to request that the error message should say so.  I was initially thinking it was a file permission problem, or that another program had that directory open.

The behaviour after the rename attempt is erratic too.  If I try to rename a directory called birds1 to birds2, and it fails, then I collapse that part of the tree and expand it again, the directory has the name I attempted to set it to.  But after closing and reopening digiKam, the name is back how it was.

I'm also finding the menu doesn't always come up when I right click on the directory.  Sometimes I have to try it several times, sometimes I have to click on another then back again first.  Sometimes I see the outline of the menu only.