[Digikam-users] png huge

Martin Senftleben DrMartinus at drmartinus.de
Tue Jan 19 17:24:11 GMT 2010

Hi,

Am Dienstag 19 Januar 2010 schrieb Martin Senftleben:
> > - PGF : wavelets, fast (integer algorithms), support metadata
> > with Exiv2 >= 0.19, not patetted, open source. I recommend it for
> > archiving.
>
> How well is pgf supported by other programs, also in the Windows
> world? Do you know anything about that?

I can answer this question at least with regard to one, for me
important, system: flickr can't handle pgf files.

I just did some experimenting on it and found that the pgf files are
of the same size as the png files (when a pgf file is created from the
png file). But it saves much faster, as you said.

Martin

--
E-Mail digital signiert mit Hilfe von GPG -
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_Privacy_Guard