[Digikam-users] png huge

Martin Senftleben DrMartinus at drmartinus.de
Tue Jan 19 16:49:26 GMT 2010

Hi Gilles,

thanks for your reply and particularly for the list of different
formats.

Am Montag 18 Januar 2010 schrieb Gilles Caulier:
> Alternative :
>
> -  JPEG 2000 : wavelets, slow (due floating point algorithms),
>  support metadata, partially patented, implementation not fully
>  complete in opensource.
> - PGF : wavelets, fast (integer algorithms), support metadata with
> Exiv2 >= 0.19, not patetted, open source. I recommend it for
> archiving.

How well is pgf supported by other programs, also in the Windows
world? Do you know anything about that?

> I have no plan to add JPEG-XR for the moment,

Agreed. I would very much regret if the foto industry would go to use
this as future standard.

Martin

--
E-Mail digital signiert mit Hilfe von GPG -
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_Privacy_Guard