[Digikam-users] Digikam internal precision?

Greg Kennedy kennedy.greg at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 23:47:30 GMT 2010

But would it not help, say if you were doing repeatedly lots of
operations, to prevent loss of quality due to imprecision in 8-bit?  If
the 8-bit numbers were expanded to 16 bit (say mul. by 256) then you
could do all kinds of operations on them, then save the result back as
8-bit rounded or truncated.

I don't know if the effect is severe or not.  Just an idea I had.

-Greg