[Digikam-users] Digikam internal precision?

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 18:01:49 GMT 2010

There is no advantage to convert 8 bits to 16 bits. digiKam convert
JPEG to PNG as 8 bits.

Anyway, you can switch 8 to 16 bits in editor to Colors/Depth menu
entry. But currently, colors histogram is not adjusted to fill whole
generated by high precision conversion.

If somebody as a good algorithm to do it, i can introduce it in
digiKam core (there is a file in bugzilla about this subject)

Gilles