[Digikam-users] Digikam on Gnome Problem

Luka Renko lure at kubuntu.org
Sat Jan 16 18:44:43 GMT 2010

On Saturday 16 of January 2010 15:45:17 osfight.de wrote:
> However, I run it on Ubuntu 9.10 Gnome and cannot play videos. There was
> an error message showing up when I start digikam, saying it could not
> use my audio device, so I manually set it in KDE systemsettings to
> PulseAudio, the test sounds works the error message is gone. But the
> video does not even start.

It might be that PulseAudio support in KDE 4.3 (used in Karmic) may not be
good enough. KDE 4.4 (RC1 is available in ppa for Karmic), might bring better
support for Pulse Audio.

> Any idea where to start debugging? The console does not output any
> useful information.

You should start "kdebugdialog" and enable debugging level for digikam and
phonon. Then start digikam from terminal window and collect debug messages at
the time when you select video file.

Regards,
Luka