[Digikam-users] mplayer error with DigiKam on Windows

spinsheet spinsheet at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 19:57:36 GMT 2010

I am trying to install DigiKam on Windows XP in our organization and am
getting an error at startup that it cannot find mplayer multimedia backend,
I am also getting a similar error regarding VLC. I am also getting and error
message that kdeinit4.exe has encountered a problem.

If I just keep hitting OK, I eventually get to the application. I created an
album but whenever I try to access it I get an error that kdeinit4.exe has
encountered a problem. I searched for this and found a similar problem but
could not figure out how to fix it. Any thoughts?

Thanks.